How am I going to keep a snowboard blog going in the off-season you ask? I plan to write about things I do to keep myself busy, such as hanging on the river, fishing and camping. I’ll also write about my favorite things, such as my favorite riders, brands and movies, fiction and non-fiction. I have decided to go with fiction movies this week.
1.Out Cold — This movie is great! It is about a group of friends who try to save their local ski town in Alaska from a corporate sell out. In the beginning they play a game called King of the Mountain, and one day I WILL play this with my friends. The game goes like this:
- Everyone starts at the top of the mountain with a full beer.
- The first one to the bottom with the most beer in their glass wins.
- Pushing, shoving and cheating are encouraged.
There are other great scenes in this movie that are guaranteed to keep you laughing. It is a must see that made me want to make movies!
2. Deep Winter — Most people probably have never heard of this movie. It stars Kellan Lutz as a snowboarder who goes to Alaska to ride the impossible. He goes with his best friend who is a competitive skier. The movie is beautifully filmed, and makes me want to go heli-boarding in Alaska. The movie is not a comedy the way Out Cold is, but the crash in the opening scene will make you cringe.
3. Winter Break — This movie is about a group of friends who graduate college and decide to go live and work in Aspen. I really relate to this movie because I am a recent graduate, and would love to go live in Aspen with my friends. The main characters have a great time riding and partying. It is a comedy with a romantic undertone.